Current Events and Links to Check Out
Upcoming events and links to explore:
WLU Students – Let it Gogh!!
Tap into your inner VanGogh and de-stress
Join us to:
- learn to de-stress
- learn to manage anxiety
- learn to prioritize work
- learn to deal with procrastination
- receive resources to take with you
Pizza and refreshments will be provided.
Tuesdays 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Session dates: Postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Location: Paul Martin Centre on WLU Campus
Hold Me Tight® – Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Based on the book Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime Of Love by Dr. Sue Johnson. During this weekend workshop you will:
- learn about love and attachment
- begin to make sense of your own and your partner’s emotional needs
- understand how love goes wrong
- identify stuck points in your own relationship
- learn how to talk about hurts without getting stuck
- learn how to apologize and forgive
- discover ways to keep love alive in your relationship
Facilitator: Debbie Wang, Certified EFT Therapist, MSW, RSW, PhD
Registration: go to https://event-wizard.com/HMTApril2020/0/welcome/
Registration deadline: Friday, March 27, 2020
Suicidal Ideation and Thoughts
A four week course offering support to those struggling with suicidal ideation and thoughts. Group starts at 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm (DATES TO BE DETERMINED)
It is our intent to provide the environment for participants to develop skills in:
- emotional regulation during times of heightened emotional stress
- emotional literacy as a way to communicate distress
- identifying strengths, skills, values and goals/dreams
- healthy relationship management skills and instilling a sense of hope for living
Program: This is a CLOSED group with a maximum of 10 participants.
Registration Deadline: to be determined
Fee: $20 for all 4 weeks. Sliding fee available
Supervisor: Kathy Bazinet, Associate Therapist, DGCC.
Group facilitators: Arzoo Bahtia, RP (cand) and Melanie Brakel, Art Therapist (cand)
To register or get more information, call the Delton Glebe Counselling Centre at 519 – 884 – 3305