MA, MDiv, PhD (Cand), RP
I believe that our human spirit can be deeply challenged when confronted by both natural and unexpected transitions while we journey on our life path. We live in a time and space that emphasises the value of individualism and yet, few of life’s transitions can or must be undertaken alone. When life becomes challenging it can be difficult to maintain balance while being asked to change and take up a new direction, it can be helpful to find a safe harbour where you can reassess, reflect and heal. It would be my honour to be alongside on your journey and help you discover the new beginnings that await you in life after the transition unfolds.
Certifications, Memberships, Accreditations:
• Student Member, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
• Student Member, Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
• Student Member, Association for Death Educators and Counselors
Areas of Special Interest:
My background is working with individuals and families who are transitioning towards end-of-life and all aspects of preparation and reflection necessary to love fully knowing that the meaning of life will change. Birth and death are the greatest transitions we may face in our lives – but there are many others that bring the same challenges to us. In my work, I am able to walk with people who struggle with transitions of life, grief and loss, trauma, addictions, anxiety, depression, isolation, and challenges of identity and self-esteem. My approach is a psycho-spiritual person-centred therapeutic approach and I will happily join clients who are not connected to any form of faith tradition and those from any and all faith tradition or cultural tradition.
• Advanced Hospice Palliative Care Education (AHPCE)
• Conestoga College – Certificate in Thanatology (Death Studies)
• Waterloo Lutheran Seminary – Master of Arts in Theology: Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy
• Waterloo Lutheran Seminary – Master of Divinity
• Waterloo Lutheran Seminary – studying for PhD in Human Relationship (Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy)