I believe in the healing power of the human spirit to empower transformation and reclaim wholeness and the sense of belonging and being connected to self, others and beyond. And this faith in individuals, families and communities to overcome challenges and find deeper meaning in living has been reinforced throughout the decades that I accompanied those in ill health, facing tragedies or death, or experiencing grief and loss; or in the midst of life transitions; or struggling with identity, life purpose and vocation.
Certifications, Memberships, Accreditations:
• Registered Psychotherapist (RP), College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
• Spiritual Care Practitioner, Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
• Teaching Supervisor & Educator, Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
• Recipient in 2016, Verda Rochon Distinguished Service Award “for consistently promoting the highest standards of professionalism and service in
• Spiritual Care, Counselling and Education”, Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
Areas of Special Interest:
After a fulfilling career in the caring and healing profession (congregational pastor, high school chaplain and teacher, spiritual care practitioner and leader in institutional healthcare, trainer/educator and researcher in spiritual care and counselling) I find myself energized by the ongoing pursuit to integrate healing, spirituality and photography as a professional artist.
In accompanying you I favor the narrative approach to respect your authority and agency in building a collaborative and healing therapeutic relationship.
• University of Waterloo, Bachelor of Arts
• University of Western Ontario, Master of Divinity
• University of Notre Dame, Indiana, Master of Arts (Liturgical Studies)