As a therapist, I strongly believe that each of us has potential to reach optimal functioning in our lives despite any physical and mental limitations. We are able to do this when we learn how to take control of our situation, keep ourselves motivated, identify and challenge distorted thinking patterns, and become ready to change behaviours that perpetuate negative cycles. Sometimes, we are able to achieve this without any external or professional support. However, at times when we routinely feel stuck, disappointed, emotionally overwhelmed, angry, and anxious, we need professional help to regain control in managing emotions and difficulties in life. As a skilled CBT and EMDR clinician with over six years of experience, I would love to provide that professional support to you. I apply a strength based and client-centred approach and tailor therapeutic interventions according to your personality, cognition, and coping style. I conduct structured and goal-oriented therapy sessions that are extremely helpful with measuring step by step progress and completion of desired therapy outcomes. I always strive to provide my clients a caring, non-judgemental, and respectful environment that makes them feel safe, comfortable, and heard. Having first-hand knowledge and exposure to diverse cultures and faith, I incorporate your personal values, cultural/ethnic and spiritual beliefs to make your counselling experience more meaningful and productive.
Finding the right therapist is essential and can become a daunting task; keeping that in mind: I offer 30-minute free consultation to assist you with making the best choice.
Certifications, Memberships, Accreditations:
• Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
• Affiliate Member of the Canadian Association of Social Workers
• Counselling Techniques in Addiction Practice, Wilfrid Laurier University Faculty of Social Work, Waterloo ON
• CBT Level 1 & 11 (72 hrs), Qualia Counselling Services & Faculty of Social Work, Waterloo ON
• EMDR with Children (7 hrs), Jan Yordy Counselling, Waterloo ON
• Basic EMDR Training (60 hrs), Niagara Stress & Trauma Clinic, St. Catherine, ON
• Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (12 hrs), Russell Sheridan, CMHA
• Field Instructor Training, WLU, FSW & Renison College, Waterloo, ON
Areas of Special Interest:
I counsel individuals, couples and families including adolescents and seniors. I provide counselling for depression, anxiety, trauma, complex PTSD, phobia, domestic violence, sexual abuse, addiction, anger management, issues of self-esteem/body-image, suicide ideation, loss/grief, marital & couple relationships, parenting, immigration and more.
• Master of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
• Master of Political Science, B.Z. University, Multan, Pakistan
• Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan
• Bachelor of Arts, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Language other than English: