B.A., M.A., M.A. (cand.)
I believe strongly in the importance of accessibility to mental health services for all individuals, as well as in the importance of offering compassionate and client-centered care. My therapeutic approach is strengths-based, evidence-based, and is tailored to the needs and goals of each client. It is my hope that through the therapeutic process, individuals can bring voice to, and address, their concerns in a way that enables them to feel more empowered.
I take an integrated therapeutic approach that draws on various therapeutic modalities as they relate to each client’s distinct therapeutic process. Such therapeutic modalities include Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, and Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Areas of Special Interest:
I work with adults and couples with concerns in areas such as anxiety and coping with life stressors, depression, life transitions, questions of identity, gender and sexuality, interpersonal concerns, trauma and abuse, grief and loss, and personal growth and wellness.
• Wilfrid Laurier University, MA: Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy (cand.)
• Queen’s University, Master of Industrial Relations
• University of Victoria, Master of Arts
• Dalhousie University and University of King’s College (combined honours), Bachelor of Arts
Certifications, Memberships, Accreditations:
• Student Member, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)